I just recently found Monday Listicles. And this week, I have my crap together enough to actually join in.
This week’s list is 10 THINGS YOU THOUGHT AS A CHILD YOU WOULD DO/BE…
1. Ballerina – I started ballet when I was 5, and there was a time where I was seriously considering dancing forever. By the time I was 10, I realized ballet was mostly my mom’s dream, and when she died, ballet was over for me.
2. Singer/Actress – I cannot tell you the countless hours I sang along to the radio in my room, pretending I was on stage… or making up random movies that I was the lead actress in.
3. Baker – I use to bake with my aunt every time I went to her place. I thought it would be so fun to do it for a living. This dream has come back in recent years, as I love to make desserts, especially cakes/cupcakes. I would love to work in a bakery right now… Just saying.
4. Teacher – I think this was the longest running dream of mine. From about 4th grade until 8th grade, I really wanted to be a teacher. Then I realized how mean and spiteful kids in my class were to teachers, and I really didn’t want to deal with that. Though I got to ‘teach’ kindergartens back in my stint in AmeriCorps in 2006-2007 and that was amazing.
5. Nurse – I wrote a speech about being a nurse in the 3rd grade. Come Senior year when I had to decide what I wanted to be, I couldn’t decide being a nurse or an early childhood educator… I picked the later, and lasted a semester before switching majors (not to nursing). I have been really considering going back to school to become a nurse though… Just a matter of finding time and money… but I really think this may happen.
6. Photographer – I love all things photos. And thought it would be such a fun job to travel the world and take photos. Then I downsized to just taking wedding/family photos. Now… well, I love taking photos and really want a good camera… but it’s just for fun now.
7. Author/Writer – I wanted to write a series like Sweet Valley High or The Babysitters Club. Then I wanted to write for a magazine. Now… well, we’ll see…
8. Librarian – I love/ed reading. I thought it would be so fun to have a job where I got to be surrounded by books everyday… and read to my hearts content.
9. Cosmetologist – As a sophomore, I wrote a term paper on wanting to be a cosmetologist… I don’t know why… since I suck at doing anything to my own hair… and my make-up is pretty minimal. Needless to say, the idea didn’t last much longer than the paper.
10. Graphic Designer – I loved laying out the newspaper in high school. I wanted to work for a magazine as a designer. Went to college for it… ended up loving the more technical side of it… not the designing part. Had one amazing job in the field… and now don’t really want to go back into the field.